Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Gmail not working on Southwest Wifi

jenewberry
Explorer C

I recently upgraded to a new MacBook Pro that is current with OS. Since this upgrade, I cannot access Gmail (mail.google.com) on the Southwest wifi. I have tried on both Safari and Chrome. I did delete a VPN thinking that might be causing a conflict, but that did not remedy the issue. An thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Gmail not working on Southwest Wifi

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Everything else works fine, except for gmail? That's a new one. 

Just to clarify - did you pay for the internet or did you use an A-list Preferred or Business Select benefit?

If this was from ALP or BS fare then try it on your other devices, I don't believe gmail is blocked in any way and the issue is likely with your PC.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jenewberry
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the internet. Yeah, I am assuming the issue is a setting on my Mac - so I was just seeing if anyone else has ran into this. I called Apple Support, and they had me delete a VPN but that did not help. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Is it through a gmail app or through web interface? (i.e. try the web if using an app)

stevenrollinson
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey @jenewberry

Good news--our vendor has identified the issue you're describing and is implementing the fix this week. Next time you're onboard all of your Google services should work as expected once your activate your Internet session. 

Thanks for your patience while we figured this one out.

jenewberry
Explorer C
Solution

This is fantastic news, thanks for the update!

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

same but my tablet works for popit

floridaguy
Aviator C

Request a refund of the wifi cost.  We see nonstop complaints about the wifi and on my last flight, there was an announcement by the flight attendant making somewhat of a joke about the spotty wifi service.

If Southwest wants to sell wifi, it needs to work.  Otherwise, give refunds.  End of story.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

If Southwest wants to sell wifi, it needs to work.  Otherwise, give refunds.  End of story.

They do give refunds.