Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inconsistent access to WiFi and in flight entertainment

FukyouSWA
Explorer C

Sometimes you can hop on a flight, sit down and start watching a movie. Other times you try, the process seems to be working the. It just doesn’t. Why is the experience so different from flight to flight? Is the crew or pilot keeping us from connecting and taking advantage of the entertainment service?

it’s such an inconsistent experience that it has become incredibly frustrating. On my most recent flight I was actually Business select, giving me access to full on WiFi for the flight not just movies and TV. Of course this time I wasn’t able to connect. 

is it possible to make this somewhat consistent and give us a esas a soon as we are on word and seated? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Inconsistent access to WiFi and in flight entertainment

FukyouSWA
Explorer C

The fun experience today is it’s working on my phone but not the iPad. Was able to connect to internet on my phone, just want to watch movies on my iPad but it looks like they aren’t going to allow that today. So ridiculous. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Going by your username, it seems you r not a big SWA fan.

So why are you flying the airline?

When I detest a product, I stop using it.

FukyouSWA
Explorer C

The choice of name is purely in the frustration I’m experiencing. I love many of the aspects of SWA. Boarding, free bags (although in seldom check anything, general ease of use, etc. 

this has been an ongoing problem for a while. And like I said, sometimes it’s seamless with connectivity from gate to gate. If I can happen properly once in a while it should be able to happen all the time. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Since the wi-fi is part of the flight "package", let Southwest know that part of the "package" was not delivered.  As such, request a partial refund on your flight.

If Southwest is going to promote free wi-fi as part of the flight, it needs to work, PERIOD.

When they are faced with refunds, they'll fix the system.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I frequently have issues with wifi and it is getting hard to determine if I will be able to work on my flights.  It had been getting better the last couple of months and I also experienced issues connecting with my laptop and phone;  I contact SW through twitter and they forwarded the issue to the appropriated IT people and got back to me asap;   They did say there were issues going on with the log on and would be working on it;  It wasn't resolved with that flight but was resolved on my next flight the following day and sw twitter did a good job of keeping me updated.  Hopefully the improvements continue, but I also don't have confidence if it is available flight by flight;  I always wonder what happens to those who pay for it, i would never have the confidence in their wifi to pay for it, fortunately I get it free with A preferred