Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Skip The Boarding Line

Jack2act
Explorer C

Can Southwest expalin why I am paying $50.00 to get early boarding when 20 seniors all jump ahead and take the best seats? But when they deplane they suddenly dont need a wheelchair.

Southwest should board them last ! to the back of the plane and that way they deplane last.

I am willing to bet Southwest anything that the amount of Seniors pre boarding drops 90%

For the record I am a senior as well and dont abuse the privlage.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Skip The Boarding Line

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

This has been addressed many times.  You really are complaining because 20 people board before you?  At most, they will take up the first 3.333333 rows if they took every seat at the front of the plane.  

Have some compassion.  They are slow to board and could also have connecting flights to make and you are going to make them late getting to their next flight by putting them at the back of the plane?  

I get that some abuse the system, but come on, you still have a seat on the plane.  Pick an available seat, sit back and enjoy the flight to your destination.  

Jack2act
Explorer C

You have completely missed the point.

Maybe I wasnt clear.

On flights where there is NO connection such as PBI or FLL as the destination, there is no excuse for the abuse of the system.

Dont tell me I have a seat, Everyone gets a seat.

I have a boarding number and HONOR that spot, they don't.

I choose to spend $50.00 with Southwest and should not be penalized for that.

There is no reason to spend for an A1-15 seat if I get to sit in row 9 at best.

People who need assistance getting on should be made to WAIT when getting off.

Jesus seems to heal many seniors as soon as they hit Florida and can magically walk again like a youngster.

Ponce de Leon was the first and he never found it, So if you need a wheelchair to get on then you need one to get off, Otherwise dont game the system or my Pocket.

Southwest needs to be proactive and not allow this or they should stopm selling $50 pre boarding spots

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I didn't miss your point. You think because you CHOOSE (your words) to spend $50 extra dollars that you should have special treatment.  This preboarding abuse has been going on forever.  My advice, stop spending the additional $50.

When I'm traveling without my husband (who has cerebral palsy and does get to preboard), I stand back and watch the entertainment of the miracles taking place.  Does it frustrate me, a little because they are potentially taking this opportunity away from someone who desperately needs it.  Do I let it upset me enough to write a post like yours, heck no (especially when it's been written about before).  Ultimately they are the ones who have to live with their decisions of doing something unethical, not me.  Until they do a heart check and they realize it is the wrong thing to do and not right to abuse a system that wasn't put in place for them, they won't change.  It's a people issue, not a SW issue.

dfwskier
Aviator A

SW is dealing with a federal  law and doing what the law requires SW to do. If you don;t like the law, tell your congressman that you want it changed.  Lottsa luck with that one.

As far as your point "There is no reason to spend for an A1-15 seat if I get to sit in row 9 at best." I'll call that what it is: BS. I fly maybe 35 times a year and have for years. I Never have A1-A15, but frequently have A35+. I also change flights a lot at the last minute which means I end up with C boarding positions, but since I'm A-List I can board at what would be A61.

Can you guess how many times I've had to sit behind row 8?  Hmmmmm? ZERO TIMES

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jack2act wrote:

Can Southwest expalin why I am paying $50.00 to get early boarding when 20 seniors all jump ahead and take the best seats? But when they deplane they suddenly dont need a wheelchair.

Southwest should board them last ! to the back of the plane and that way they deplane last.

I am willing to bet Southwest anything that the amount of Seniors pre boarding drops 90%

For the record I am a senior as well and dont abuse the privlage.

Not everyone considers those to be the best seats. The front of the plane is obviously popular that's undeniable, but it isn't universal.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Hey @Jack2act; I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your recent experience. 

Please note that this is a Customer-to-Customer forum, so if you'd like to submit a complaint you may do us by selecting one of our Customer Service channels via the "Connect with us" widget below. 

Additionally, please keep in mind that all Community users are asked to follow our Community Guidelines which asks all users to be respectful and courteous towards others

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Jack2act's post and comment continues to highlight the abuse of the system by folks. I don't find it offensive, I hope others are not offended by continued highlighting of abuse, and I'm glad to see SWA employees are monitoring this forum.

The abuse by some folks is real. I truely feel for the gate agents because they in an impossible situation because of the entitled preboarding abusers. Yesterday, I watched an very capable preboarder confront the gate agent because she did not get to pre-board 1st before other preboarders in wheel chairs, (one had a cast on her leg & the other had a cane) were in front of her. The funniest(saddest) part was that this woman had a wheel chair, which she left and walked up to the podium(very quickly), waited approximately 2 minutes, (standing), then asked to be 1st on the plane, and was told she would have to wait until the other 2 folks were boarded in front of her. She was unhappy.

Jetway Jesus was then able to work his magic, on arrival at BWI she wisked herself and her "helper" off the plane and walked briskly down B concourse, (My wife and I lost sight of them rather quickly we could not keep up, (BTW my wife has 2 knee replacements, she does NOT preboard)

Safe Travels

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

"Jetway Jesus." Luv it!!!!!

Skip The Boarding Line

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Jack2act I know this isn't the solution to what you are seeking, but, here goes anyway.  As a senior myself (67) I am for the most part able bodied and have never even had a thought of trying to get any early access to boarding.  But just as a individual I take no issue with any senior getting any extra benefit, in good faith or not, for any service.  The more elderly they are, the more I accept that.