Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

The Hawaii 1 Paint job Rivals the best Paint Job Ever Done by Alexander Calder for Braniff

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hawaii1 .jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Re: The Hawaii 1 Paint job Rivals the best Paint Job Ever Done by Alexander Calder for Braniff

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There's a lot going on there and Southwest has some great social media posts explaining a lot of the symbolism. Yes, a great livery!

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: The Hawaii 1 Paint job Rivals the best Paint Job Ever Done by Alexander Calder for Braniff

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Just read that this plane is also the first to have in seat power at every seat! Woohoo!

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Just read that this plane is also the first to have in seat power at every seat! Woohoo!

--TheMiddleSeat

What's the tail, I want to track it down and get on it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

What's the tail, I want to track it down and get on it.

N8710M

Currently on its way to DAL, scheduled to be in MCO on May 3rd. 

--TheMiddleSeat

PettyIntrigues
Adventurer A

I still haven’t gotten Freedom One! (Though I sometimes feel like Colorado One is my own personal jet.) Yeah, if she has the jacks though I can’t wait to ride on this beauty first.

Eurodys
Explorer C

It's not just a livery; it's a work of art that rivals some of the best, like Alexander Calder's masterpiece for Braniff. The level of detail and symbolism in the design is truly impressive, and it's fantastic that Southwest has been sharing the backstory on their social media.