pizza served like United?

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Ovens installed? No problem if not just wondering

7 REPLIES 7

Re: pizza served like United?

dfwskier
Aviator A

maybe in places DAL IAH HOU LAS AND PHX during the summer -- if SW can figure out how to cook 'em on the wings during times the planes are at those airports...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@CupCrusher40 wrote:

Ovens installed? No problem if not just wondering

Do you fly Southwest often? I know you've posted here a fair amount.

You might have noticed there's no food service on-board other than the snacks.

Here are the current selections:

https://www.southwest.com/help/on-the-plane/food-and-drinks

I hope this helps.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

Bring your own. I love cold pizza!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

SWA use to be economical based on the business model of no frills no charge.  Although I been able to compare other airline prices with SWA I don't think they can bank on that anymore.  With that said, I'm with you and wish they had at least a pay option for a snack or sandwich.  But on the side of SWA, that would only be on fights say, over 2 hours or more.  I've been caught with my pants down way too many times thinking I got time to grab a snack between layovers, but with SWA it's lately been too much of a gamble.  I would say I've only been on 2 flights out of 25 that I landed on time from the first flight only to be rushed to the next gate to board.  But still love them and will continue to fly....yes, I've giving the love.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I think one issue for Southwest is that the planes can all do short haul or long haul, and may mix between the two in the same day.

The spoke and hub carriers have dedicated larger aircraft for their long-haul flights so they can plan on serving heavier food items more or less all the time, and then the regional jets don't do that.

Southwest would lose some of their interchangeability by adding food service to some of the aircraft. They'd lose economy of scale if they had to add it to all the aircraft.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I wish!! Imagine getting complimentary pizza with every flight. I’m here for it. 

— Jessica 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

I wish!! Imagine getting complimentary pizza with every flight. I’m here for it.  

I don't think it is complimentary, I did have a chance to fly them recently to MEX and had a nice chicken entree, no pizza.