Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Faster Promo

Labflysw
Explorer C

IMG_6101.jpeg

 Does anyone know if these promo points have hit yet? I registered for the Amazon/Grocery 10x promo and it appears those hit with my CC points. However, this promo was months long and I haven’t seen it post on my account activity. I’m so close to companion status and have call SW 3 times and no one really seems to know. 

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Companion Pass Faster Promo

cyberroo
Explorer A

I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm not usually in the running for CP, so I haven't kept great track, but if my math is right, this promo would put me over the top.

I had bonus points post 11/27, but since this promo didn't end until 11/30, it can't be those, right?

If you actually talk to Southwest, I hope you'll update!

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have not seen the T&Cs for this deal, but this type of thing typically warns it could take up to 8 weeks after the deal ends for you to get your points.

Labflysw
Explorer C

I talked to them and the rep said “I wouldn’t chance it. Book the hotel with bonus points to secure the pass”. Repeating it would take 4 weeks for that promo points to post. (Which could imply more will come but they couldn’t confirm if they already posted. 

I already have CP very close to getting it for my husband so our 2 kids can fly free. 

Bluetz05
Explorer B

The points on 11/27 were for your October purchases. I've kept a screenshot of the fine print from all the promos. It takes up to 4 weeks after each month (for this specific promo) for the bonus points to appear. I'm still waiting for Nov points to hit to get me to companion and both Sept (posted 10/27) & Oct (Posted 11/27) have already gone to my balance but Nov is still missing. I'm freaking out a little because this will get me to Companion status. Here is the part of the fine print wording -

"...Please allow up to four weeks after the end of the Promotion Period for the bonus Companion Pass qualifying points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account...

Bonus Companion Pass qualifying points will post directly to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account and will not appear on your credit card statement. Bonus Companion Pass qualifying points earned from this offer will post prior to 12/30/2023...

Bonus Companion Pass qualifying points earned from this offer will be deposited within four weeks after the end of each month and by 12/30/2023 for November purchases..."

Here is what the promo indicated...

"Earn towards Companion Pass® ASAP between 9/1 – 11/30/2023.

Earn 2X on flights.

Earn double Companion Pass qualifying points on all qualifying flights when you register, book, and fly, so you can earn on the double.

Business travelers booking through one of our business channels (SWABIZ.com, GDS, or SPS), will earn 3X Companion Pass qualifying points per flight during the same promotional period.

Earn 2X with Rapid Rewards® Credit Card purchases.

Earn double Companion Pass qualifying points per $1 spent with your Chase Rapid Rewards Credit Card.

Earn 1X with reward travel.

Every flight you purchase with Rapid Rewards points counts as one Companion Pass qualifying flight."

I really only care about the 2X points from the credit card purchases and today is the last day for it to post. Keep your fingers crossed for all of us! I have hope since your Oct points posted on 11/27 as that was the same date mine posted.

Labflysw
Explorer C

Welp, the 30th is over and I still don’t see the points. We did a hotel stay 3 days ago also and don’t see those points either. 

I’ll be calling today… hopefully I get through with all the holiday travel calls. It’s strange there isn’t consistency with us getting bonus points on 12/27, right? 

I’ll keep you guys updated…

Bluetz05
Explorer B

I posted a tweet on X to Southwest and left screenshots of the promo with the highlights of the points posting “before 12/30/2023” as the fine print indicates. I’ll try calling today as well. I want my companion pass I worked towards! lol

AgsOnBoard
Explorer C

Following along for an update. I'm 1000 points short of the CP and was also expecting those November points to post by the end of December based on the terms in the original sign up ("up to four weeks to post") and that same later update on the website stating they'd post by Dec 30. I don't even know who to call...

Bluetz05
Explorer B

IMG_1611.jpeg

I GOT MY COMPANION PASS!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

I logged in this morning and it shows me a “Customer Service Adjustment” but doesn’t show the point details on the app or the website. Doesn’t matter though, the important thing is that is shows the companion pass has been earned through 12/31/2024!!!! 😁😁😁

I hope everyone else did that was pending the promo points!! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Congrats and enjoy!

Remember to book one-way tickets if you will have times when you want to add companion tickets for only part of your trip, that will save a phone conversation with customer support to add it for only part of a trip.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.