Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Haven't received Rapid Rewards points I bought

Enneirda07
Explorer C

I purchased 2,000 Rapid Rewards on 4/10/23. I called Southwest customer service later that day because the points had not posted to my account. I was told that points.com was having issues it may take up to 24 hours for the points to show up on my account. As of 7:41 pm EST on 4/15/23, the points still have not been applied to my account. I called SW customer service again today on 4/15/23 and was not given an ETA on when to expect my points and was refused a refund. The customer service agent said it could take days or 1-2 weeks for the points to be applied to my account and no other help or offers to correct my issue.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Haven't received Rapid Rewards points I bought

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Yikes! Are you sure you bought for your account, and not a family member? Try DMing via Twitter - maybe the team there can escalate too.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As purchased points don't actually come from Southwest, but rather a 3rd party company, I'm not sure contacting Southwest is going to do much.  Sadly, I don't see an alternate contact that could actually help.  Hopefully the points show up soon!

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you don't get your points, simply protest the charge with your credit card company and the charge will be removed.

The reason: you did not get what you paid for.

Give it a bit more time before you do so.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I totally agree.  File a written dispute with your credit card carrier.