Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

My rewards got hacked

mtnwen
Explorer C

I  got a call from a number that said SPAM ( I know why did I answer) and they said they were from SW ( which in hindsight they were ) They wanted to know if I had recently made reward  reservations -( and I had  but not that recently - and then had to cancel)  She recommended I check my account .I did and someone used over 25,000 of my points to  make a reservation .  While logged in I went to the app so I could do a chat , as I have now been on hold for 46 minutes- Not only could I not log into  the app ,when I went back to my computer I was logged out and can't log in- tried resetting my password- they say they will email me but I never get the emails and now they say I don't exist  HELP

5 REPLIES 5

Re: My rewards got hacked

floridaguy
Aviator C

Call your local police and get a police report.

Then, notify Southwest of your theft of points.  They can track the transaction and return your points.

mtnwen
Explorer C

HI, 

Not sure what the police can do , but Tina at SW  was very helpful and returned my points and helped  me  change all my info- ! : )

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Let me start by saying that it isn't that I don't believe you, but all this is odd.  Here is why I say that. 

When I book a flight on points I'm notified right away, almost within a minute.  So why weren't you notified if this happened.  (you didn't mention you were) 

Hacking is getting sophisticated every day, but this is the very first I have ever heard of someone who has had their points hacked and stolen. 

Being on hold waiting on a SWA agent for only 45 minutes isn't bad compared to the many complaints of hours being on hold.   

I hope that you get your issue resolved and any points taken returned or some type of compensation.  

mtnwen
Explorer C

Well,  it seems the original  phone call was about that- the  fee they charge to redeem points  got denied on the person's credit card.  I waited on hold for almost an hour and then  got this wonderful SW agent , Tina, who canceled the reservation ( made in my name!!!)  and  returned my points then helped me   change everything about my account . 

I did  ask if this was a common occurrence - she did not  answer   yes or no.. 

I DID get an email . I checked  after the phone call ,that  my  rewards  account had been adjusted .     I probably never would have checked that today so glad for the phone call.  So weird  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@mtnwen wrote:

Well,  it seems the original  phone call was about that- the  fee they charge to redeem points  got denied on the person's credit card.  

They shouldn't have used the stolen credit card 😂

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.