Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why is RR Account Activity so very hard to find on the RR website?

JayUSA63
Explorer C

I imagine the top things that RR members want to see when they access the RR portion of the Southwest website is their mileage balance, their status and their account activity.

But for some reason, Southwest makes it as hard as possible to find your account activity.  Is it clearly identified on the main RR navigation panel? Nope. 

Is it highlighted on the My Account page? Nope.  Instead, a huge car rental ad is the main focus.

So where is it?  Well, if you were looking for a button you're out of luck.  Instead, you have to click on the vague text that says,"View all account details".

Does Southwest really think everyone in the membership has the stamina, experience and eyesight to find out how to do this?  How many design principles does this violate -- two dozen?

But at least you get a nice image of a rental car!2024-08-07 13h-59m-48s - Presentation1 - PowerPoint.png

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why is RR Account Activity so very hard to find on the RR website?

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

Hello!

As a fellow traveler and A-Lister, the RR Account Activity can be accessed one of two ways from the My Account dashboard which in my opinion doesn't appear to be difficult:

1. The easiest method is to click on the "Rapid Rewards" link on the top blue header area of the "My Account" page. The following page will show the RR Status followed by the Account Activity.

RR Screenshot.png

or

2. As you referenced, click on the "View all account details" in the "My Rapid Rewards" section of the "My Account" dashboard.

In my opinion, I think it is important to have the upcoming flight summary dashboard followed by upcoming car rentals easily available in the main "My Account" page (plus it would make sense to place marketing content in the case there are no existing reservations).

Hope this helps. Please reach out to SW Customer Service directly in an email or DM via Twitter/X if you have any suggestions to further improve the layout of this page as this forum is customer-to-customer.

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

JayUSA63
Explorer C

I don't feel heard by that reply.

In my view, recent account *activity* should be highlighted to a level similar to upcoming reservations.  Certainly more important than an ad for rental cars when the user has no rental car reservation.

Instead access to account *activity* is buried below tons of minutia about status (e.g. Tier Qualifying Points and Companion Pass Progress and other stuff)

Does "View All Account Details" suggest recent activity?  It may to some people -- but most people when they think of their account details they think of their con

Anyway, why is it so hard to elevate the world *ACTIVITY* and make it prominent.

The RR website is like a retail bank website that hides your transactions 3 layers down but gives great prominence toward your progress to winning a toaster and ads for brokerage services that it would like to sell.

I'd bet the moon that more RR users care about recent activity than progress toward companion passes.

05bardic
Frequent Flyer C

Could it be more user friendly? Sure, but the same could be said for almost any other website. I encounter unwanted ads on tons of websites and thus have come to expect them. I've never had an issue with scrolling a few clicks to get there. 

JayUSA63
Explorer C

American highlights Recent Activity, not only in the nav bar, but they detail the most recent account activity right in the middle of the Account Summary landing page.   Know what's not highlighted?  Progress toward companion passes.  Hmmm -- I wonder what American knows that Southwest doesn't.2024-08-07 15h-10m-27s - Presentation1 - PowerPoint.png

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Did you click on the Rapid Rewards tab suggest?  It is pretty straight forward when you select that tab, you get a summary of your progress toward status, your activity, promotions etc?  I understand you are looking for activity, but there are many reasons to get into one's account.  For me personally, I am typically in there to manage a reservation or look at my $$ or reward balance to see if I can book a new flight vs looking at the historical activity.   The $$ and reward balance are at the top right corner when you log in and easy to see.  I don't look at the actual activity very often unless I feel something is missing, or researching the cost of something.  

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

To add to my last comment, I probably don't search for activity much because SW posts flight activity pretty much as soon as your flight is completed so I see it updated on my app shortly after landing.  (if it is a one way, it will post when that flight is complete, if it is a RT, it will post when the full round trip is complete)

Bonus points are harder to track and easy to forget about, it would be nice to have a list of the promotions you have signed up for and when those post.  These are much less frequent though.