Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

companion pass: so close...

cbeghein
Explorer C

I am 2500 pts away from qualifying for the companion pass and there is enough on my credit card to do the job except that my next payment is not due until 4 January, which is too late. Is there any way for me to make sure the points get processed by Chase before 31 Dec if I were to pay my credit card now (9 Dec)?

I am so close.... 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: companion pass: so close...

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Call Chase and ask if they can move your closing date into December, the earlier the better if you've already spent enough. Just paying early will not help.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Call Chase and ask if they can move your closing date into December, the earlier the better if you've already spent enough. Just paying early will not help.

--TheMiddleSeat

My experience with changing billing dates is the credit card companies are not willing to change the next billing date, but will change the one after that.

If that's the case, your best bet is a mileage run, or one of those rent car 4x points deals (2400 points), but there is risk the car company won't be prompt in additing points.

cbeghein
Explorer C

Chase said that is not an option. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I would def book a flight just expensive enough to get your 2500 points and fly it! To me, it would be worth every penny and the investment of time!

-A List, Companion Pass holder