Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV Voucher

kasdav
Explorer C

I have 6 - $100 LUV Vouchers to use. When booking 2 tickets for round trip I have added all 6 but it's only reducing the balance by 4 of those LUV Vouchers. It states the others are not used due to payment rules. The balance was still over $500 due so it's not taxes & fees related. Why would it not allow me to reduce the balance due by the other $200? Thanks for any feedback available.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: LUV Voucher

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

You can use only three forms of payment when purchasing a ticket. If three vouchers completely covers the cost, they you can use three vouchers. If they do not, it would take a fourth payment (credit card) to cover the balance. Hence, you can only use two vouchers plus a credit card in your case.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can only use 3 forms of payment per passenger. Since 3 vouchers does not cover the entire cost of one passenger you can only use 2 vouchers and a credit card for the remaining balance. Book one way flights instead so you can use more of the vouchers' value

--TheMiddleSeat

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

This from TheMiddleSeat:

"Book one way flights instead so you can use more of the vouchers' value."

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

taxes not covered

bec102896
Aviator A

You could book a bogus flight that is say $250 then immediately cancel and then you could use the then travel fund plus another voucher 

Example 

Book flight from AUS-MSY for about $250 applying 2 luv vouchers 

Immediately cancel and request refund for the credit card portion 

Use the canceled confirmation number to book with another luv voucher 

You can also book one ways to use the other vouchers 

- Blake