Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Less points/extra money

Suze
Explorer C

When changing your flights because the points are lower, sometimes there are extra fees. Why is that?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Less points/extra money

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you change from a non stop to a connection or from a connection in one airport to a different airport, airport fees might be higher.

Suze
Explorer C

Not at all. I’ve only change them because the price/points went down for the exact same flights. So it shows that I get a credit of so many points, but then it will charge me somewhere between a Dollar to five dollars normally

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Suze wrote:

Not at all. I’ve only change them because the price/points went down for the exact same flights. So it shows that I get a credit of so many points, but then it will charge me somewhere between a Dollar to five dollars normally

Did you have trip insurance or some other add-on? Change in price for early bird?

There shouldn't be any charge related to the ticket unless you added a connection as @dfwskier mentioned you would have paid $5.60 before but now it could be $11.20.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Suze
Explorer C

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I figured it out.  I went back and looked at all my reservations, and where they list all the prices out. It was the Mexican immigration fee, and the Mexican tourism fees that changed. So that probably fluctuates on a daily basis or so.