Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Luv voucher

Shuter12
Explorer C

Wondering if i can use the 2 luv vouchers when booking a package with flight car and hotel.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Luv voucher

floridaguy
Aviator C

Yes - enter both, one at a time.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry @floridaguy , wrong again.

You can use Southwest travel funds/credits to book Southwest Vacations, but you cannot use Southwest LUV vouchers.  What you can do is "convert" the vouchers into travel credits first, then you can apply them towards the purchase of a Southwest Vacation package.  To do that you would need to use the vouchers to purchase a flight, then cancel that flight.  When you cancel it you will receive the amount back as a travel credit.  Be sure you book the flight with the same passengers who will be traveling on actual trip as the names must match.

Let's assume you have two $100 vouchers.  Because of taxes you will need to find a flight that costs about $130.  The voucher will cover the cost of the airfare, you will need to pay the taxes with a credit card.  Then, when you cancel the flight, you will receive a refund for the taxes back to your credit card and you will have travel credits for the airfare portion of the cost.

Having said all this, I would never recommend you book with Southwest Vacations.  Southwest Vacations is not Southwest Airlines, they are completely separate, unrelated companies.  There have been far too many horrible stories of people attempting to deal with Southwest Vacations customer service for me to ever recommend them.  I would advise you to book the airfare with Southwest Airlines, using your vouchers, then book hotel and car directly with a hotel and car rental agency.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

He mentioned "a package", not Southwest Vacations.  Yes, you can use the LUV vouchers on the Southwest website.  If you are adding a car and hotel, those are extra but the LUV voucher can still be used for the flight.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

One cannot book a "package" with air, hotel, and car on southwest.com.  You can book air and car, then buy a hotel in a separate transaction, but no one would refer to that as a package.  Even then, you are not paying for the car up front so vouchers cannot be used and the hotel booking will also not accept vouchers.

The only possible option to do what the OP wanted is to use Southwest Vacations.

Hate being wrong @floridaguy ?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Hate being wrong @floridaguy ?

Now comeon themiddleseat, you must admit that floridaguy does a better job of being wrong than anyone that has been here in months.

ROFLMBFAO!

floridaguy
Aviator C

I have about $1,200 worth of LUV vouchers so I need to understand how they can be used.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I have about $1,200 worth of LUV vouchers so I need to understand how they can be used.

Hmmm, how could we help floridaguy understand how to use his vouchers?

I got it!!!!!!!

Maybe we should tell floridaguy to read the terms and conditions that accompany the vouchers!

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

Did you get those from a lawsuit?