Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA Getting worse lately probably due to the management changes because they lost money.

larrygavin
Explorer C

I have been a loyal fan of Southwest. I like to have the ability of taking checked bags and to change flights without a extra charges. In the past, I would have rated them Excellent. Lately, they have been disappointing. They keep changing my flight times. They changed our flight time from 8:25 to 8:20, but put us on a flight that left at 6:25 AM. It would have required us leaving for the airport at 4:30 AM. It wasn't just me and my wife. I have checked with other family members and friends and they have done the same. As I said in the title, it's probably due to the management changes because they lost money last quarter and they are trying to fill seats on earlier flights they can't book.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SWA Getting worse lately probably due to the management changes because they lost money.

05bardic
Adventurer C

@larrygavin wrote:

I have been a loyal fan of Southwest. I like to have the ability of taking checked bags and to change flights without a extra charges. In the past, I would have rated them Excellent. Lately, they have been disappointing. They keep changing my flight times. They changed our flight time from 8:25 to 8:20, but put us on a flight that left at 6:25 AM. It would have required us leaving for the airport at 4:30 AM. It wasn't just me and my wife. I have checked with other family members and friends and they have done the same. As I said in the title, it's probably due to the management changes because they lost money last quarter and they are trying to fill seats on earlier flights they can't book.

It has nothing to do with management changes, it's a result of the Boeing issue. SW runs a full Boeing fleet, so they had to cut routes and adjust schedules because they're only getting about 20% of the planes that they ordered.

Re: SWA Getting worse lately probably due to the management changes because they lost money.

dfwskier
Aviator A

so if you did not like the 6:25 flight, why did you not try to make a free change to a different flight?