Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotels Concierge Charges without Service

mike2660
Explorer C

I received a $1021 charge for a hotel reservation from Southwest Hotels Concierge that was cancelled 20 minutes after it was booked. And now they're saying it was never cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this?  I've submitted a case to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). If you've had the same experience please add your experience and comments and any information you can provide to the current case profile. Reference the Southwest Hotels Concierge / Rocket Travel / Agoda case on the https://www.ic3.gov/ website. 

And beware of ever using Southwest Hotels Concierge or Auto rental links when booking flights. Apparently they are all 3rd party vendors that Southwest claims to have no affiliation with or control over how they conduct business. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Hotels Concierge Charges without Service

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

You are submitting this as a cybercrime?

I hope you get your money back or a credit, but I don't think this fits the scope of IC3.

I rarely use the hotel service so I can't comment as whether there is any grace period, what the cancelation is, why didn't you receive a cancelation notice originally (answer: it wasn't canceled)...whatever the mix-up is I encourage you to try some other avenues.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

File a written dispute with your credit card carrier.

mike2660
Explorer C

I've already done that but Southwest Hotels Concierge is saying that they 'went to the hotel and the hotel 'decided' NOT to refund the money'.  Southwest Hotels Concierge is claiming they've done what they can but it's 'up to the hotel'.

I'm calling BS. It's SOUTHWEST Hotels Concierge. Southwest put their name on it to sell it -own it.

TAKING money without providing ANY service is FRAUD. 

I've been a loyal Southwest customer since 2005 - THIS IS THE WORST I've ever been treated by Southwest!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@mike2660 wrote:

I received a $1021 charge for a hotel reservation from Southwest Hotels Concierge that was cancelled 20 minutes after it was booked. And now they're saying it was never cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this?  I've submitted a case to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). If you've had the same experience please add your experience and comments and any information you can provide to the current case profile. Reference the Southwest Hotels Concierge / Rocket Travel / Agoda case on the https://www.ic3.gov/ website. 

And beware of ever using Southwest Hotels Concierge or Auto rental links when booking flights. Apparently they are all 3rd party vendors that Southwest claims to have no affiliation with or control over how they conduct business. 

Hello-

I'm a regular user of Southwest Hotels/Rocket Miles and have had no major issues with this service. SW Concierge is usually very efficient at resolving issues. It's possible your inquiry to SW Concierge was not articulated correctly to the rep which is why they couldn't initially help you. I would try contacting them again via the email address supplied in your original reservation.

Before emailing them again, I would first confirm whether the $1021 transaction in question still in "pending" or "authorization" status on your credit card statement. If it's still in pending/authorization status, I would give it a full 24 hours to see if it clears which would indicate the transaction was later voided. It's possible this could be the reason why the hotel is not "refunding" any money. 

If the transaction is fully posted, in your email, I would document that you attempted to make a reservation at the specified hotel and received a confirmation number but then 20 minutes later received a notice of cancellation. I would supply them with screenshots or PDF's of the cancellation notice you received, reservation confirmation email, and your current credit card Account Activity that documents that your booking payment refund is still outstanding. That way, SW Hotels has record that you are due back your payment.

One side note: I did have one occurrence where I attempted to make a reservation through SW Hotels but the booking failed following payment authorization when the Booking.com engine was not able to communicate directly with the hotel's reservation database to record my booking. The amount of the booking was held as an authorization on my credit card statement for about 24 hours before it was released as the transaction was later voided. I ended up shopping and booking another hotel.

Hope this helps!