Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Their IT sux!

puppie96
Explorer B

When i try to login on either their app or Southwest.com, I get an error message. I cannot look at my frequent flyer account, let alone make a reservation with points. Somebody has actually called me about this twice, and they are unable to fix this problem. I wish I had ANY alternative!  They wouldn’t let me use the word s.u.c.k.s. Even though I’ve seen that as a header on other messages. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Their IT sux!

floridaguy
Aviator C

It could be your device.  Clear out all of your cookies and temporary files, restart your computer, try again.

puppie96
Explorer B

That’s been done, in addition to deleting and reloading their app.

dfwskier
Aviator A

The problem is definitely you. The reason I say that is there is no outcry from bunches of people that have the probelm that you do.

Try a different computer, different browser or alternate logon. It sometimes makes a difference.

I have one computer that will not let me use Chrome to log in to Southwest.com. My AV is causing the problem. I can use an alternate logon (iflyswa.com) and Chrome works fine. Mozinlla on the same machine also works fine.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@puppie96 wrote:

That’s been done, in addition to deleting and reloading their app.

What OS and version are you running? The app requires relatively new versions to function

bec102896
Aviator A

You could make the points reservation over the phone. 

puppie96
Explorer B

There are several reasons for using their online resources rather than the phone.

1) I have better things to do than wait on hold.

2) One BIG reason to use their website is the availability of the "low fare calendar."  Nobody on the phone is going to look at the low fare calendar and compare and contrast possible itineraries, let alone whether I have sufficient FF points for a RT ticket or whether I have to make 2 one-way reservations, one with points and one with dollars.

3) (Related to both 1 and 2) Speed and convenience of access.

Regarding the other comments, I agree that something idiosyncratic is going on.  As I said, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the SW app on my phone, and the problem still occurs.  Additionally, trying to login to their site using chrome on my phone often produces the same result as the app.  This has happened in airports and on their planes.  Their person actually called while I was AT HOME, (so no unusual IP address was involved, which was their suggestion about the problem occurring at airports), and while on the phone, I logged in successfully on my phone.  After they hung up, I tried again and the same problem happened.  Like, whuut???

Right now I opened the app on my phone and it has kept me logged in.  That's good of course.  Sometimes when I'm logged in and I use the drop down menu and try to click on "view account" at the top, it asks for another login which then fails.

Just now, I opened Chrome on my phone and tried to go to southwest.com.  It routed me to mobile.southwest.com and SURPRISE (or not) I attempted to login using my FF number as always and my saved pw as always and got the same error message.  I've actually looked up the saved password (I use the random generated ones), written it down, and then typed it into the "password" area and that didn't help.

puppie96
Explorer B

I looked back at my original message, which was written in a hurry after I had figured out how to get to an area of this forum I could access and re-wrote the message without the offending word "s.u.c.k.s."  I see now that I didn't mention that this occurs on my phone, not the desktop that I'm using now.  Phone is iPhone 14 pro, just now updated.  Same thing happens on my iPad.  

puppie96
Explorer B

BTW, I just tried "Iflyswa.com" which was new to me, and it again rerouted me to southwest.mobile, and same error occurred.

dfwskier
Aviator A

As I said severwl posts back, the app requires a relatively new version of whate er OS you are using. What is your OS and what is the version?

Alo, I did suggest using a computer insteqad of your phone. You got one of those?