Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unavailable flights

kendall
Explorer C

I have travel funds available.  I understand that these funds are not refundable, however...there are now no flights available from LBB to HRL.  There are literally 4 days in June that have flights but I cannot make it those days.  There is NOTHING from now until ever.    I am a college student and I can't use the funds to fly home?  Other airlines offer flights but SW does not.  I flew home to HRL in March but couldn't fly back into Lubbock and had to take a different airline.  

Can I get a refund if Southwest offers NO FLIGHTS?  It's not my fault I cannot fly home.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unavailable flights

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, it does appear flights from LBB to HRL are limited to a couple of weeks in June.  Routes do come and go and no, that does not qualify you for a refund of a non-refundable fare.  Southwest flies to 103 destinations in 11 countries, perhaps you could fund somewhere else to go?

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

This happened to me with PHL > TUL - flights are limited or cancelled entirely for the day(s) I wanted to go, but I found a way around it by booking separate one way flights to another city where the flights are normally routed through - in my case, DEN. It'll take longer, but I will still be able to make the flights work for the dates I want.

You could do the same. Instead of flying direct, you could go through AUS or DAL for example. There are several one way flights available for all of June if you book the following: 

LBB > AUS

AUS > HRL

or

LBB > DAL

DAL > HRL

Obviously you'll have to pay a little more since it's two separate flights instead of one, but the benefit is you get credit for 2 flights, and hopefully the travel funds would be able to cover both flights. 

--Jessica 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Jessica has the right idea.

The only thing I'd add  is that  booking the two flights as a multi city ticket is frequently a few 

dollars cheaper than buying two separate one way tickets. 

bec102896
Aviator A

It also looks like southwest has been adding flights based on demand so you might check back every so often in case a flight is added that would make it connectable to get you to HRL.