Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using travel funds

Rhonda3404
Explorer C

Hi all,

I’m making a change to a reservation, to get an earlier flight time. Can I use travel funds to pay the difference?  I keep getting an error message.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using travel funds

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Rhonda3404 wrote:

Hi all,

I’m making a change to a reservation, to get an earlier flight time. Can I use travel funds to pay the difference?  I keep getting an error message.  Thank you!

Hello!

By "travel funds", do you mean Flight Credit? LUV Voucher? or Gift Card? If so, Yes. You can use these to pay the difference in fare.

Example: Changing a flight from SMF to SAN to an earlier one through the Southwest desktop website:

Change Flight Fare Difference Example.png

Expand the "Apply Flight Credits..." section when you get to the payment page and you should be able to redeem your credits there:

Change Flight Fare Difference Example 2.png

Double check to make sure you have entered the required information correctly, your credits are still valid, and your change does not conflict with another reservation. If you still get the error and believe your credits are valid, I would give Southwest Customer Service a call.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Rhonda3404 wrote:

Hi all,

The answer would generally be "yes" except if you used points for the original booking then you have to pay the extra in points.

David

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Does the travel credit show up in your account? I wanted also to double check that the travel credit was in your name and not someone else’s. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.