Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bring service to Knoxfille, TN!!

Rodmilbourn
Explorer C

Knoxfille needs Southwest Airlines for many reasons!  Nashville is almost 3 hours West.  Atlanta is 4 hours South.  With University of Tennessee in Knoxville and vacation destination of Gatlinburg which had 13 million visitors in 2022!!  I'm wondering why we are not taking advantage of this huge opportunity!  What is your opinion?  Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bring service to Knoxfille, TN!!

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is not happening.  I've already spoke with Southwest and they tell me there are no plans to add Knoxville.

Frankly, that's not a large enough city to be profitable.  1982 Worlds Fair.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Rodmilbourn  I agree with you. The market is definitely there. Allegiant is rapidly growing at TYS due to the need. SWA is losing out for sure. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Passenger1C wrote:

@Rodmilbourn  I agree with you. The market is definitely there. Allegiant is rapidly growing at TYS due to the need. SWA is losing out for sure. 

It sure is a popular topic on the community!

Find some free gates, get some deliveries from Boeing, and maybe they can talk in the next year or two.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

The Knoxville airport did a multi-million dollar expansion a few years ago in the hopes of luring Southwest.  In the aftermath, Southwest yawned and nothing happened.  If there was an economic benefit Southwest would be there.

While I find this subject to be entertaining, in the end, there is no Southwest plans in the immediate future.  However, if we continue to bring this subject up over the next decade, anything is possible.  In time, even sand becomes rock.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Good to have you around since you are in the know. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

floridaguy
Aviator C

I don't see any reason to fly in and out of Knoxville.  I'd prefer to leave things the way that they are.