Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Red-Eyes are here!

05bardic
Adventurer C

I just looked at SEA - MCO and I'm seeing red-eyes available as early as June! Last I read they were hoping to roll out them out in a couple of years.

05bardic_1-1715694289605.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Red-Eyes are here!

YeahNoMaybe
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

Please take a closer look.

These are overnight connections... not redeyes.

If you check the flights you are showing, you will see that the originating flights arrive at their connecting point very late at night (midnight-ish) and then connecting flight then departs very early in the morning (5am-ish).  

You are not really flying through the night, but actully having a multi-hour connection during the late night/early morning hours.

05bardic
Adventurer C

@YeahNoMaybe  Indeed, you are correct. I got all excited for nothing. Sad panda.

signal-2024-05-14-124803_002.gif

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

It's still somewhat of a win because Southwest used to not offer overnight connections so that fact that they are now is an improvement. Though some may say otherwise because you have to sleep at the airport.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@5280Av8r wrote:

It's still somewhat of a win because Southwest used to not offer overnight connections so that fact that they are now is an improvement. Though some may say otherwise because you have to sleep at the airport.

Some of these I’d still get a room for four or five hours of sleep as long as it would be enough time in the a.m. to get back through security. Since there should be local originating passengers it should be fine to leave and come back. 

But it is progress, they did at least announce the red eyes so we’ll see how long it takes to implement and on what routes they do it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.