Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Terrible service

Smay
Explorer C

I will NEVER choose southwest again. Both ways of my flights were terrible experiences. Every flight I had, was delayed up to 5 hours. If you are reading for reviews, DO NOT USE SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, I REPEAT DO NOT USE SOUTHWEST AIRLINES. If I could demand my money back I would. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Terrible service

floridaguy
Aviator C

Unfortunately, we are hearing more of this on this board.  I hope that Southwest is reading this board to see how it is impacting their future revenues.  Obviously, if you won't choose Southwest in the future that's one more seat that they have to look elsewhere to sell.

I would recommend contacting Southwest using the links at the bottom and request compensation for your delays.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Smay  is weather to blame? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I personally would rather be delayed 5 hours than be on an unsafe flight due to weather or maintenance issues. Now sometimes it may not appear to be ones of those, but often it is because of Southwest's network. If the plane scheduled to operate your flight gets delayed at some point during the day due to weather or maintenance, it affects the rest of the schedule. So although the weather may be clear, the delays are often still related to weather. Delays affect all airlines, not just Southwest, though Southwest gets affected a little more uniquely due to how they do their schedules. Maybe Southwest needs better flight recovery as far as moving the flight to a different aircraft. 

But yes, as others have said, use the contact us link below to work on getting compensated for the delays.

Andrew E

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

Hsklvpd
Explorer C

Customer experience is the worst behind the scenes. Non stop delays and not retribution. No care for clients