Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How long should I wait?

Leilani93063
Explorer C

I applied for a position in May, heard nothing. Went to a career connection webinar, and they said it would be ok to apply to more than 1 position. So I applied to another similar position. Both still show “in process” and I’m wondering how long it typically takes before they are reviewed?  It’s been 3-4 weeks since I submitted the first application. I’ve been monitoring my email and spam folders, so I don’t miss anything. Would appreciate any advice. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How long should I wait?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Leilani93063
Explorer C

I have only applied for the positions.  I am yet to hear back from Southwest for a 1st interview. The first position I applied 22 days ago. And 7days ago on the 2nd position. 

oceangypsy4
Explorer A
Solution

Hi, I applied May 3rd and am still patiently waiting as well. My past experience with applying to an airline position, is that it can take some time before an applicant hears anything. The airlines do receive many applications and processing them takes time. My advice is don't give up! As long as your application is in process, you still have a chance! Good Luck!

Leilani93063
Explorer C

Thanks so much.  Glad I’m not the only one. Hope they’re able to review soon. Would truly love to work for Southwest. I’m patient, but also excited for this opportunity. 🤩

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Leilani93063  practice patience. It will pay off for you. Good luck! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Leilani93063
Explorer C

Thanks, yes indeed I’m still waiting. I only posted because I was curious if others were waiting just as long. I’ve read other posts where some folks got an initial interview really quick. But yes, I’ll continue to wait.  😊