Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

I received an email about setting up an interview today, but I haven't gotten a response back.

wren333
Explorer C

This is concerning a ramp agent position.

I receive an email today (6/17/23) at 12:16 PM central standard time about setting up an interview. I originally applied on May 31st. 

The email is from swa@myworkday.com. In the email it said:

"We will be conducting interviews on Monday 6/19/2023. If you are available this day, please respond to this email or email me directly at *censored*@wnco.com so I send you the link to sign up for a respective interview time slot.

If you are no longer interested in this position, please let us know so we can withdraw your application."

I responded to that email at 2:04 PM saying that I was still interested. I also sent the same email to the other email address provided at 3:16 PM due to being anxious and wanting to be doubly sure that they received my email. 

It is 8:19 PM right now, and I have yet to hear anything back. I'm so on edge. I mean today is basically over, tomorrow is Sunday, and Monday is when they want to do the interview. 

Can I really expect an email on a Sunday? I would think the careers team wouldn't even work on Sundays. I also wouldn't think they'd wait until Monday to send it. This seems so last minute. 

I've attached a screenshot of the email.

Do you guys have any advice? Thank you. 

Screenshot_20230617-200252~2.png

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I received an email about setting up an interview today, but I haven't gotten a response back.

wren333
Explorer C

Update: I still haven't received any email reciprocation...

Re: I received an email about setting up an interview today, but I haven't gotten a response back.

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

Perhaps you will get an email Monday and expected to be available for an interview?  I would be more concerned if you didn’t hear back from them on Tuesday. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is primarily a customer to customer forum.  I would suggest that you connect with HR and present your question.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @wren333!

Thanks so much for your post & interest in joining our Birmingham Team! 

I did some digging, and it looks like our Team reached out to you Sunday afternoon, with more information to get set up for an interview! While working through many Candidates and applications at once, it can take some time to hear back. But our Careers Team is working to provide the best Candidate Experience possible, and we truly appreciate your patience as our Team worked to follow up with you. 

Wishing you the best of luck! 

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

@wren333  As long as you replied to the original recruiter's email, I'd say, be by your phone all day monday b/c they'll def call you, as one user mentioned up-above, which was good advice.

This is not a "customer to customer forum" only, as stated above.. This forum is open to employees, SWA applicants and customers. SWA HR has replied many times on this forum, helping applicants and employees, with their questions and concerns..

If you dont get your call on monday, tag @adrienneb with your issue/concern, this individual has helped many applicants within this forum.

Good luck and wish you the best.