Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is this what is sent to people who didn’t get the position

Lll002
Explorer C

Applied for a RA position last week. The next day received an email stating we’d like to move forward with the hiring process / an invite to do a one-way virtual interview screening. Submitted the one-way interview the next day (Thursday).

Today I received a generic email titled “An update on our Southwest Airlines job application” and it says “We know this position is important to you, so we wanted to provide an update as soon as possible: now that the posting has closed, we are beginning to review applications and planning to provide a further update to you by Oct xxxxx” the position closed off the website last week and not today.

Has anyone received this particular “update” email and actually been hired?   Did I not pass the one way interview?  Am I just waiting until Oct to get a rejection email?   I figured a phone call or face-to-face would be next since I was already invited for the one-way interview but I’m thinking I didn’t make it passed the one-way interview and that’s why I was sent this.    I feel this is what is sent to everyone who isn’t moving forward. 😞  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Is this what is sent to people who didn’t get the position

StevenBarnett19
Adventurer C

That's not a rejection letter or anything close. That email is to keep you updated on when to expect a response. It's very time consuming for any company to filter through 100+ applications. A rejection letter will clearly be spelled out, as a rejection letter, so hang tight and be patient.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@StevenBarnett19 wrote:

I think you are correct. I believe the letter meant that no more applications are being accepted.

Lll002
Explorer C

@adrienneb 

Aloha, @adrienneb , may I get your assistance.

I applied for a provisioning agent position for LAS July 31st. And had an email that I’d be provided an update by September 1st. I still haven’t received any update on that particular position.

I also applied to a ramp LAS 8/14 where the next day after applying I was emailed they’d like to move forward with the hiring process and invited to complete a one-way interview. I completed that the next day and I haven’t received any update on my one-way interview and it’s a been a few weeks now.  They both still say in process.   May you please check on these two positions and see what’s going on. Did they already fill the positions and move forward with people and am I even in the running still or just waiting for them to get around to sending out rejection emails?  

I thought I would have of heard a response about my initial one-way interview for the ramp.  
 Thank you for your time. Much LUV and respect.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Lll002!

Looks like those applications are still active! When we receive many applications, as we did with the particular postings, it can take extra time for our Teams to review, coordinate interviews, and share updates along the way. You have our apologies for the longer than anticipated wait, and we certainly appreciate your patience. Next updates should be shared via email soon!