Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 2020 Honeymoon Forced Cancel and Expired Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

lol, look at that.  Contacted Southwest as originally suggested and everything got resolved.

--TheMiddleSeat

Nicoledanielle
Explorer B
Solution

Actually, Colton Steven was the solution. Thank you!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Nicoledanielle wrote:

Actually, Colton Steven was the solution. Thank you!

A Southwest employee, yes?

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It would seem that it took several Southwest employees until one was able to offer the solution. The issue most likely was due to the funds not actually ever being extended to 2022 at any point, because a rebooking was made on the same day as the cancellation (as we've discussed). I'm seeing lots of reports on social media of customers in similar situations, who are being given incorrect information by Southwest representatives, which is disheartening. Many simply accept the info, and are left with a severely negative impression of Southwest -- that the company promised something that it now isn't delivering. Unfortunately, it seems that customers with this particular issue will need to be especially persistent in their attempts at resolution, and not take "no" for an answer.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

@Nicoledanielle wrote:

Thank you. I went back and looked at my cancellation email and I officially cancelled my honeymoon on 4/21/20. That falls between the time period you are talking about. I should have at least one year, but they are only giving me until 1/25/21 to actually complete my travel. 

I am also a teacher and there is no way I should be traveling out of the country right now. I am trying my best to keep myself and my 200 students safe. 

Overall, I am extremely disheartened with Southwest and their unwillingness to make things right. 

To be clear, you cancelled the November rebooking on April 21, 2020? And you didn't rebook again using those funds?

If so, your funds should have been extended through September 7, 2022.

I'd suggest you reach out to Customer Relations (not the regular phone line) and ask them to investigate this for you. Your best bet might be to contact them via Facebook or Twitter direct message.

Contact Customer Relations 

Please do come back here and let us know how it works out for you!

Another option would be via e-mail. Here's how:

https://support.southwest.com/email-us/s/

In your e-mail I would be very specific:

1) Your TF has an incorrect expiration date because

2) You cancelled a flight on 4/21/20 and have a confirmation e-mail to prove it

3) Thus that travel fund should have a 9/7/22 expiration date and it does not.

Be sure to include your confirmation number in the e-mail.

The above would not apply if you used that travel fund to buy a new ticket and then cancelled that ticket after 9/7/20 .