Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Beyond Trauma

once-was-enough
Explorer C

Worst airline I have ever been on.  It's been a year and half since that terrible flight and I still can't bring myself to even think about traveling again.  To have a flight attendant scream and threaten me for needing to use the restroom is not acceptable.  To berate and humiliate a customer like that is horrible.  Southwest Airlines answer was to send me a voucher which I never used as I would not put myself in that situation again.  When did it become okay for flight attendants to abuse customers?  When did it change from customer service to "we can bully any customer on this plane"?  You know it's bad when another flight attendant whispers "sorry" as you disembark.  So keep your lousy voucher and I'll make other arrangements.  You are the worst!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Beyond Trauma

dfwskier
Aviator A

So why didn't you tell us about this a year and a half ago when it happened?

once-was-enough
Explorer C

I did

once-was-enough
Explorer C

Clearly, based on your responses, you work for this airline.  I suspect that you are one of the reasons that Southwest Airlines has such a bad reputation.  This just makes me more determined to never fly that airline again.  Why else would you have so many responses basically calling me a liar and trying to spin this as something I did wrong.  The only thing that prompted me to write about this for the second time is that a close friend had a terrible experience with Southwest Airlines and it echoed my mistreatment at the hands of one of their flight attendants.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

I hate to tell you this but

1) I don't work for the airline, and never have

2) SW does not have a bad reputation. I fact it historically has the hghest customer satisfaction ratings of any major airline.   

3) You may choose not the fly SW, but SW is growing passenger counts every year faster than every one of the major airlines.  Why? See point 2 above.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I hope you have better luck on the other guys.

floridaguy
Aviator C

If you gotta go, you gotta go.  FAA officials and employees can wet their own pants if they want to but I understand and agree with your concerns.

Southwest should compensate you for the situation.  Maybe next time their people will behave in a more professional manner.

jksobonya
Aviator A

What did you do to warrant a FA "screaming" at you? Did you get up to use the restroom at the front of the plane when the restroom was occupied? You cannot form a line at the front of the plane. If you did this, an FA telling you to go back to your seat was warranted.

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

What did you do to warrant a FA "screaming" at you? Did you get up to use the restroom at the front of the plane when the restroom was occupied? You cannot form a line at the front of the plane. If you did this, an FA telling you to go back to your seat was warranted.

--Jessica

I'd suspect either that or trying to use the lav with the seatbelt sign on -- when it really mattered on takeoff/landing/or during meaningful turbulence.

once-was-enough
Explorer C

The plane had been in the air for about 15 minutes before I walked up to use the restroom without knowing it was occupied, I turned to walk back but before I could move the FA started shouting at me in a extremely loud voice to "GET BACK, YOU CAN'T STAND THERE!".  I immediately stepped back and stood there basically in shock at her extreme outburst.  When the other passenger left the restroom I came forward and I decided to politely ask her name as I planned on apologizing and explain that I wasn't aware that someone was already in the restroom.  She exploded and started shouting at me "WHAT'S YOUR NAME, I'LL REPORT YOU TO TSA, YOU'LL BE BANNED!!!!"  I was so shocked I simply returned to my seat.  Other passengers kept whispering that they didn't think she would really do that but I was upset and wasn't so sure.  Keep in mind I'm a senior citizen and I don't fly often I was terrified I wouldn't be allowed to catch my connecting flight home.  When we landed I spent the entire time hiding in the restroom, fearful that I would be arrested.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

Several things do not add up here

1) If the plane had only been in the air for 15 minutes, then the seatbelt sign would have still been on.  No walking around allowed when it is on

2) If the lav is occupied, then there is a big red X that shows up to let everyone know it is occupied. I guess you ignored it.

3) You waited a whole year and a half to complain about it. You must have been traumetized into complete incqpacity. for the whole year and a half.