Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Error 500999999 Mobile App Login Trouble

bethanylittle
Explorer C

I also have this problem.  I double checked and I'm using the correct username and password from the website, but it won't let me log in on the app.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi @bethanylittle and @bwinograd! Are you just unable to log into the app period? Is it possible that you have special characters in your RR password? If yes, see if you can change your password to something with just letters and numbers. 

Nicole
Community Manager

jksobonya
Aviator A

What exactly is the login issue? What is the error you are getting? I use the Southwest app and don't have any login issues - in fact, it's one of the very few apps that I 'keep logged in' so I rarely, if ever, have to re-sign in on the app, unless I physically sign out and have to sign back in again. I did do this a few weeks ago when I updated my password. No issues. 

--Jessica

abell466
Explorer C

So these replies from Southwest for a fix were in 2019 witha date to fix Jan 2020? It is Jan 2022 and I amn ow getting the same error (500999999) and cannot use the mobile app to manage my reservations in any way. Any update to a fix?

dfwskier
Aviator A

In the short term, you could use any browser on your phone to access southwest.com

The fact that there are not lots of other people here with the same issue tells me this is something unique to you and your phone.

You might try

1) Inputting username and password manually - in case autofiill has gotten corrupted

2) Deleting and re-installing the app.

DaysOfNoah
Explorer C

Just to provide some additional input - it's not just the app.

While attempting to check in for a Southwest flight in less than 24 hours, I received the 500999999 "Unknown Error" from:
Safari on iOS (cellular only)
Chrome on iOS (cellular only)
Safari on OS X (Macbook using wireless only)
Edge on Windows 10 Pro
Brave on Windows 10 Pro
Multiple Internet connections, multiple devices, multiple browsers, even across multiple geographic regions (my wife assisted remotely)

There was a long string of characters after the error message.  I have a screenshot if this information is needed by someone at Southwest to troubleshoot further.

I was not logged into Southwest or using the mobile app.

My flight was booked through a corporate travel agency.
I called Southwest and the travel agency and we invested a lot of time.  They also could not check me in.  Eventually Southwest indicated there was no issue and I was already checked in and ticketed.  Interesting. 

If there are further issues when I arrive at the airport I'll update this post.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Although the error code is the same it might make sense to start a new post with the new 2023 issues.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.