Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Show Cancellation

resephya
Explorer C

Hello, 

This morning I was scheduled to leave at 0615 but I no longer had my Driver’s License, my niece left with the wrong purse after she left the airport and attempts to reach her were futile, therefore barring any admittance through TSA. I contacted your Customer Service Department 0524 and a return call was received from Marta at 0541, your 2 hour window policy was relayed and any change notification is required within that time frame.  The unsuccessful efforts to reach my niece via phone and social media forced me to take an Uber to her residence, she wasn’t home. I contacted your Customer Service again at 0726 and notified Sasha of my dilemma. Two later flights were provided, 1045 and 1300, but a fare increase was included when a change was requested for 1045.  Without my purse, payment was not feasible and expressed a need for a return call once alternate measures are secured.  The flexibility displayed by Sasha was heartwarming given the morning I had.  Still failing to locate my niece, I made another call at 1001 to clarify whether a change can be made by another party, Anna confirmed it was acceptable.  An hour later I was notified of the No Show Cancellation.  I contacted Customer Service to inquire further and Tabitha reiterates the No Show Policy.  I understand the necessity for it, however my frustration is the several calls placed explaining my circumstances, my presence at the gate is not possible without  the proper identification required to pass through TSA Screening. It is not a refund I seek but a seat on another flight.  I am pleading for your immediate assistance, the option provided for a possible resolution isn’t conducive at this time.  My arrival in Kansas is urgent. All and any measures made to help me is profoundly appreciated.   Thank you and be blessed. 

Therese 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Show Cancellation

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

HI @resephya, please know I have deleted the private information from your post as this is a public forum and per our Community User Guidelines.  As a peer-to-peer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but we recommend you Contact Customer Relations for assistance.

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of what had to be a very frustrating situation.

Hopefully you got a satisfactory resolution as I suspect there's nothing to be done at this late hour.

Just an FYI, most people CAN fly without an id. People lose IDs all the time. I lost mine at TSA one time (got it back when I realized what had happened) . TSA would ask you several questions that theoretically only you would be able to answer. When you answer them correctly, the TSA rep will wave you thru.

resephya
Explorer C

Thank You