Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel Cancellation Scam

mertsmith0
Explorer C

I booked a Room at Aria Resort in Las Vegas,   I booked the reservation through Southwest Hotels on 11/27/23 with free cancelation by 1/17/24. I was told SW uses Booking.com, however on my credit card the charge is listed as RTI*SWHotels. I was charged $6,420.17 immediately. I never received an email confirmation and I needed to cancel reservation during their free cancelation period. It's impossible to cancel the reservation through booking.com without a confirmation number and pin number that would have been on the confirmation email, but I never received it. I called SW airlines who said I must talk to booking.com. I called and emailed booking.com multiple times, however they will not help without confirmation number and pin number. They cannot even send me a confirmation email (so I can get the numbers) without me providing them the numbers first! I have spent hours working on trying to get my reservation canceled through booking.com and my credit. I did call the hotel and they noted I called to cancel during the free cancelation period, however they can't issue a credit, that has to come from booking.com. This is beyond frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hotel Cancellation Scam

bec102896
Aviator A

When you say you called southwest did you call southwest hotels or Southwest Airlines they are different 

How do I contact Southwest Vacations®? 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@mertsmith0 wrote:

I booked a Room at Aria Resort in Las Vegas,   I booked the reservation through Southwest Hotels on 11/27/23 with free cancelation by 1/17/24. I was told SW uses Booking.com, however on my credit card the charge is listed as RTI*SWHotels. I was charged $6,420.17 immediately. I never received an email confirmation and I needed to cancel reservation during their free cancelation period. It's impossible to cancel the reservation through booking.com without a confirmation number and pin number that would have been on the confirmation email, but I never received it. I called SW airlines who said I must talk to booking.com. I called and emailed booking.com multiple times, however they will not help without confirmation number and pin number. They cannot even send me a confirmation email (so I can get the numbers) without me providing them the numbers first! I have spent hours working on trying to get my reservation canceled through booking.com and my credit. I did call the hotel and they noted I called to cancel during the free cancelation period, however they can't issue a credit, that has to come from booking.com. This is beyond frustrating.

Hello! I've used Southwest Hotels on numerous occasions. I would try the following:

• Go to Southwesthotels.com and click on "Manage My Booking". Click on "Resend Confirmation Email" by entering your email address.

The email should arrive within the next few minutes. If the email doesn't show, double check junk/spam. If that still doesn't work, it's possible that the email address that was entered at the time of booking was entered incorrectly. If that's the case, a Booking.com rep will need to help you but I would try calling them again through Southwest Hotels instead of directly through Booking.com. Try this contact info (this is the contact info that I receive in my confirmation emails):

concierge@southwesthotels.com
1-844-782-9792
773-770-4953

Before telling the rep that you're requesting a cancellation, let them know that you booked a hotel room through Southwest Hotels but never received the confirmation email or number. Provide them with your name and email address. 

As a general rule of advice going forward (this would apply to booking any hotel or any travel via any carrier): Always save (via screenshot or print to PDF) or do a hard copy print of the confirmation screen following the purchase in case the confirmation email fails to deliver. This will ensure you capture and have record of the confirmation number following the purchase.

puppie96
Explorer B

I agree. I have other issues, but never have had a problem when using the “resend email” option. If all else fails, you can refuse to pay the credit card company. 

puppie96
Explorer B

I just had this problem and I don't know why this post is marked as "solved."  It certainly isn't.

ericacrisp
Explorer C

This exact thing happened to me today. I never received email confirmation. I called hotel and they told me they received my reservation from TBO but no one I talked to knows who TBO is. The hotel said they would cancel, but I had to call 3rd party for the refund. I called southwest and they said call Booking.com. I contacted booking.com and they could not find me in their system.  My credit card shows the pending charge for RTI*SWHotels. I have spent over two hours on this trying to get information and no one can help me.  If I book via southwest.com I should be able to call them and get information. I should not have to spend hours tiring to get a simple confirmation. At this point once the charge goes through as a charge, I may fight the charge unless someone can give me a confirmation or tell me who booked my reservation.  

I am a Southwest A-list member and only fly Southwest. After this it will be very hard from me to stay loyal to them. 

I am way beyond frustrated with the situation and disappointed in Southwest.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ericacrisp wrote:

Did you bother to read the post immediately above yours?