Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Show help

gjsc2008
Explorer C

I wasn't able to traveling and I wws expecting to be able to use the credits for other flight, but now said that is was forfeited...I tried by chat and by phone and no help was found...I wasn't aware that this could happen cause I had problems to flight in the past and the funds were available...any help?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Show help

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Did you cancel the flight?  You have to cancel the flight at least 10 min before departure to be able to get credit or for points to be refunded.

dfwskier
Aviator A

For a VERY LONG TIME the rule has been that if you no show a flight, you forfeit the value of your ticket. It's the same for every airline.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

For a VERY LONG TIME the rule has been that if you no show a flight, you forfeit the value of your ticket. It's the same for every airline.

Points tickets used to be refundable in this instance but I believe that is changed as well.

The only exception is Business Select flights that would be automatically made into travel credits, other fare types will be forfeit - including any remaining legs of your same itinerary so if you no-show the outbound trip your return trip may also be affected.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.