Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No more flights from EWR to CRP.

maphillips143
Explorer C

Anyone know why Southwest has pretty much stopped flying from EWR to CRP.   We live in NJ and always fly out of Newark.  I contacted Southwest and was told not enought people fly from NJ to Texas.  Yet, every time we've flown to Texas the flight has been completely booked.  

It seems they've moved all the flights to CRP out of LGA which is a nightmare.  LGA is extremely difficult to get to under the best conditions,  presently it's under construction which will last for several years.  Not to mention the extra $400.00 in livery fees and bridge tolls to get there.   Does anyone have information about this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: No more flights from EWR to CRP.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, it does seem strange that Southwest's website won't even offer you a connection.

I guess you could fly to Houston or Harlingen and drive to Corpus. However, that's not a great solution.

Since this is a customer to customer forum, and you are talking with fellow customers, and not Southwest.  Perhaps your best tack would be to contact Sothwest customer service and request that the service be resumed. You can reach them via the methods listed on the top left of the contact us webpage.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Re: No more flights from EWR to CRP.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

That is a little strange! I'm not super familiar with EWR, I haven't seen Southwest ever offer more than a general statement about these sorts of changes.

The number of people and/or price of flights are relative, it isn't to say that people don't want to go from EWR to Corpus Christie, but that they needed those planes/crew/gates/flight allowances for something that was more popular.

I guess depending on the value of that extra $400 in transport to LGA, maybe you can build your own connection although this would be a pain if you were checking luggage.

It looks like this route comes back on weekdays later next year...

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/results.html?departureDate=2019-02-04&destinationAirp...

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.