Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Pets On Board

peltonsl
Explorer C

While I absolutely agree that pets should be seated as far away from people who are allergic, but that must be a new policy.  I have hypoxia and am on oxygen.  I also have asthmatic reactions to cat hair.  When a cat was being boarded, I told the pre-boarding person and their response to me was to ask me if I had a letter from my MD.  Well, I do now carry a letter to this effect, but my doctor and all of the people I have told were shocked by this response. 

Iamfee
Explorer C

That is ridiculous, you shouldn't have to prove your pet allergy!  Why would anyone lie about that? Or if they said they were allergic but really they are afraid, so what?  I am sorry that happened to you.  

CostasCorrea24
Explorer C

My family of 4 just got rescheduled to a MUCH LATER FLIGHT (12 hours later) because we were traveling with our small dog and there was someone allergic to dogs on our flight. We had called way in advance (back in March) to make her reservation for her in the flight and there was not an issue back then. Why was this other passanger not alerted that there was already a dog on this flight and be asked to schedule a different flight? What can assure her there wasn’t a pet in the previous flight? If there was, she will still be exposed to pet dander… Also we had check in on time and had achieved bording group A32 to A35, now we were placed in boarding group C12 to C15, this will have us seated all separetly… this is very frustrating.