Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Travel Funds

lissacory77
Explorer C

Just wondering if someone can tell me exactly what I can use my travel funds for?

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Using Travel Funds

franktravel
Aviator B

Unused Ticketless Travel Funds: Southwest Airlines accepts unused ticketless travel funds for Passenger travel purchased through Southwest Airlines, excluding the Southwest Airlines Group Desk and Southwest Airlines® Vacations. Unused ticketless travel funds may be redeemed at Southwest.com, through Southwest Airlines Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations. All travel involving unused ticketless travel funds must be completed by the expiration date. Unused ticketless travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket.

jonba
Explorer C

do you have to just book your flight or fly by the experation date?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Travel must be completed by. 

franktravel
Aviator B

mmUnused Ticketless Travel Funds: Southwest Airlines accepts unused ticketless travel funds for Passenger travel purchased through Southwest Airlines, excluding the Southwest Airlines Group Desk and Southwest Airlines® Vacations. Unused ticketless travel funds may be redeemed at Southwest.com, through Southwest Airlines Reservations, and at Southwest Airlines Ticket Counter locations. All travel involving unused ticketless travel funds must be completed by the expiration date. Unused ticketless travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @lissacory77,

Great question! 

You can apply your unused travel funds toward a new reservation. The only rule is that funds must be used before their expiration date (one year from the original date of purchase). So, when you get ready to book your next trip, you can apply the funds you've got, and you'll just end up paying the difference. Happy travels!

cozkfc
Explorer C

I know I have travel funds in my account - they are from almost 2 weeks ago - but I don't see them in my account anywhere.  In fact, I had to just go ahead and book a flight tonight without using them.  How do I use these travel funds in the future?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

You will not find them in your Rapid Rewards account!  Your travel funds are connected to your conformation of the flight that you have changed or canceled, check your email.   When you book a new ticket under payment you will see "add travel funds"  this is where you put the conformation number that has the funds connected to. 

Douglasshc
Explorer C

I have VARIOUS unused travel credits. I find it very difficult to keep track of them. Do I have access to a list of my unused credits?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Douglasshc

Travel funds are associated with confirmation numbers, so we always recommend that Customers keep a list of their confirmation numbers and expiration dates handy. That way, you can be sure to take advantage of everything under your name!