Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

preboarding policy

nanduu
Explorer C

hi - new to the sub but just wanted to express my frustration somewhere. flying from bwi-oak today — i’ve flown this exact route 20+ times over the last 3 years (im a college student) & definitely have noticed the issues getting bigger in that time. that said — i have a business ticket, was A3 & am just super frustrated by the preboarding process. i 100% respect & understand the need for preboarding. i myself am disabled, but don’t appear so (i have a condition that causes me to pass out if i stand for too long & an autoimmune disease), so this truly something i understand & respect. that said — on my flight today one elderly lady in a wheelchair boarded first (in addition to 5-6 other preboarders) with what appeared to be her entire family. genuinely 8 people. i think there needs to be a true evaluation of the policy that allows for 7 people to join one wheelchair-bound passenger. again, i paid over $200 extra for my ticket, to board early & yet im in row 8 because a family of 8 (including 4 kids — who are all seated in the first row now) got on early without paying the fees associated. i think they need to adjust this policy, so that one or two people can join their family member/loved one, and the rest can board normally. this has gotten so out of hand.

1 REPLY 1

Re: preboarding policy

floridaguy
Aviator C

Contact Southwest and demand a refund for your premium boarding position.  Preboard passengers are allowed ONE, I repeat ONE companion to board the plane.  If the gate agent allowed an entire posse to board, then the gate agent needs to be terminated.

Again, demand a refund.  When enough refunds are given, rules will be followed.