Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass boarding

Sueb22
Explorer C

I am an A lister with a companion pass. Up until today, my companion automatically had the position number right behind me and didn’t have to worry about it. Now all of a sudden he has to check in and has gotten B instead of right behind me in A? What has happened to change this? He is not an a lister but that had not mattered over the last year +. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion pass boarding

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I don't think CP follows A-list, but if you had a regular assignment, you would board together.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Sueb22 wrote:

I am an A lister with a companion pass. Up until today, my companion automatically had the position number right behind me and didn’t have to worry about it. Now all of a sudden he has to check in and has gotten B instead of right behind me in A? What has happened to change this? He is not an a lister but that had not mattered over the last year +. Any ideas? 

It is supposed to work like your earlier experience - for some reason the companion got disassociated from you on the assignments on this one.

If it works like before on your next trip don’t worry about it, probably just a glitch of some kind on this recent ticket.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did you buy a Business Seelct fare?  That is the ony one where yu and yor companion would not receive consecutive boarding positions.

If it was not a BS fare, it might have been a one offer. Come back if it happens again.r