Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to get the boarding pass for the previous flight?

ruolanjin
Explorer C

Hi,

I need the boarding pass for the previous flight but I need it for the reimbursement procedure. How can I get it? I couldn't find it using the app on my cellphone anymore....

Thank you very much for your help.

Ruolan Jin

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to get the boarding pass for the previous flight?

floridaguy
Aviator C

The boarding pass is likely no longer available since the flight has completed.  You can, however, request a receipt for the flight to be emailed to you.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@ruolanjin receipts for past trips are available in your account on southwest.com. You'll need to use the website, not the app. Log into your account then go to Trips and scroll down to past flights. There is a link to view receipt for each past flight. You can also look up a past reservation using the confirmation number if you do not have a Rapid Rewards account.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@ruolanjin receipts for past trips are available in your account on southwest.com. You'll need to use the website, not the app. Log into your account then go to Trips and scroll down to past flights. There is a link to view receipt for each past flight. You can also look up a past reservation using the confirmation number if you do not have a Rapid Rewards account.

Would it be true that a receipt would only show up there if you actually flew? I've seen this before where a client wanted the boarding pass as part of reimbursement as opposed to the receipt for the original purchase.

If the flight was canceled and turned into a travel fund then it wouldn't show up there.

I'm not sure if it was a no-show situation if it would be there or not.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@ruolanjin wrote:

The only available way to prove you actually took a flight is your online flight history.

Your Southwest account shows your flight history for the last 12 months.  That would be proof that you took the flight. The history includes confirmation number.

Just take a  screen shot of the page that includes your flight and cross reference the confirmation number to prove not only that you took the flight but what you paid for it.

ruolanjin
Explorer C

That's a clever way! 
Thank you very much, dfwskier! 😊

Ruolan

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

If you saved the boarding pass to your iPhone wallet (if using an iPhone), once the boarding pass is used it shows in the "expired" section until you go to remove/delete it. I have expired boarding passes going back to at least 2021 ... lol

--Jessica

ruolanjin
Explorer C

You reminded me that I did save the boarding pass to my iPhone wallet!

I totally forgot!  😂

Thank you, Jessica! 😍