Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple Companion Passes on one Reservation question

rpoplin
Adventurer C

I have A-list and a companion pass and my wife just qualified for a companion pass. If I make a reservation with her and I (using my account) and we both select one of our children as our companion will they board with us? I know my companion will but if my wife adds a companion to the reservation I made will her companion fall into sequential boarding?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Multiple Companion Passes on one Reservation question

dfwskier
Aviator A

I am not absolutely certain, but I suspect that the reservation system does not have the capability of using two companion passes on one reservation.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I am not absolutely certain, but I suspect that the reservation system does not have the capability of using two companion passes on one reservation.

Each companion pass will have a separate confirmation number, so the OP and wife will be on one confirmation, and each companion will have separate confirmations.

But I do think the position assignments should flow through okay, we know it works for one companion and I'm wracking my brain if we did or didn't do this on one trip last year when my wife had a promo companion pass too.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@rpoplin wrote:

I have A-list and a companion pass and my wife just qualified for a companion pass. If I make a reservation with her and I (using my account) and we both select one of our children as our companion will they board with us? I know my companion will but if my wife adds a companion to the reservation I made will her companion fall into sequential boarding?

It doesn't matter which account is the purchaser, anyone being a-list on the reservation would trigger getting A-list assignment at T-36 hours. But if you are the family travel agent do it in your account for easiest customer service if you do have to call about anything.

• You as A-list member make a booking that includes you and your wife. She'll be sequential with you except that your companion will have the immediately adjacent spot.
  • You add one child as companion.
  • Wife adds other child as companion.
  • 100% it works that these three would be sequential we do it all the time - A-list member first, companion, and then others on the same reservation.
  • I'm trying to remember having done this with my wife also and I think it did work that the additional CP was also sequential.

That's why they start doing it at T-36 for the A-list to get the dependencies setup.

If you have any doubts then when T-24 comes up check in the wife's companion child first since that's the only one where any glitch would happen.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.