Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Party is over Assigned Seating in 2025

kierants
Adventurer C

Agree, the pre-board abuse was totally out of control.

Cancelled_Vacay
Adventurer C

My guess is that it will start with the March-April flights that get released next month. I have a flight on January 1st, so now we sit back and wait.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@StAugustine wrote:

I have EBCI for a flight at the end of January. If assigned seating is in effect by then do I get my money back?

Anything you buy today will be the current system. 

I'm not clear if the assigned seating launching in 2025 will be announced for purchase as of a certain date which would then be 6-9 months from the announcement which could be 2026 or if Southwest is planning to get butts in assigned seats in 2025. 

They'll also have to stop sales of EBCI, and I don't think Business Select will be offered either since part of the point for BS fares is boarding early, which is for seat position.

So I'm expecting as long as you see Business Select available to buy for that flight and date, it won't be an assigned seating flight.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Look at the bright side, this should stop people from imagining they hear songs being sung about pre-boarding.

Seems like a WIN - WIN

cgirl10
Explorer C

I am not so sure about that - I fly different airlines and pre-board on all of them. My Hawaiian airlines flight had more pre-boarders than any Southwest flight I have been on and we had assigned seats on that one too.

floridaguy
Aviator C

You mean songs like this...

Pre board pre board over the ocean blue....you paid for Business Select and I got to board ahead of you.....

linzbunch
Explorer C

I'm so excited about this! I almost switched airlines and credit cards last week. Between the fake pre-boarders, the 1 A group saving rows for 6 people in C, and the flight attendants not being able to tell them not to save.....I had it. 

I've been A list + since 2017 and started to feel like my benefits were nothing and was getting really fed up over it. I can’t wait to see how this ends up working out. THANK YOU SOUTHWEST!

Stephen42
Explorer C

I have never had a problem with line skippers for no reason. I'm starting to think all the complaints are coming from bots. 

Drbennettpmr
Explorer C

I sometimes have to change my flight time same day and enjoyed the ability to change flights same day.  Now if I do that I cannot board after the As and will get a middle seat.  I have over 1600 legs on SWA and have sat in the middle maybe 15-20 times because was running late for the plane.   I get exit row well over 90% of the time.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Drbennettpmr wrote:

I sometimes have to change my flight time same day and enjoyed the ability to change flights same day.  Now if I do that I cannot board after the As and will get a middle seat.  I have over 1600 legs on SWA and have sat in the middle maybe 15-20 times because was running late for the plane.   I get exit row well over 90% of the time.  

You may get some waiver towards the upgraded seat value as A-list - the trick for you will be if any are available at the time you change. 

I'm with you though - I like the exit row and I get it very often as an A-list/ALP member or at least a good aisle or window spot. I love the flexibility to change and then still get a good choice at "A61" position.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.