Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Open Seating, not really true on SWA

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I was pointing out that sometimes, a person of size looks like they are saving a seat when they have actually purchased two.  There isn't a way to know that.  I have been seated in a row with such situation and the person was harassed by someone who wanted the middle seat next to them. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@bballflyer There is a way to know, they have a plastic card to put on the seat.  YES, you have to look hard for it, buts it the best option other than size shaming someone.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

The individual is frosted over an open seat that is being "removed" from the choice as it is being reserved for a future boarding passenger.  Southwest does not endorse that behavior.

And Sothwest does not prohibit that behavior, either.

floridaguy
Aviator C

The behavior is prohibited by not endorsing the behavior.

Walmart has no policy, per se, on building a house inside of a Walmart store.  They will not, however, allow you to do so.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

The behavior is prohibited by not endorsing the behavior.

Walmart has no policy, per se, on building a house inside of a Walmart store.  They will not, however, allow you to do so.

On the other hand, SW does not have a policy on seat saving, but will allow you to do so. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Riddle me this....

When I occupied a seat that was "saved" and told the person saving the seat that it was a great subject for a book but not the way it works on Southwest, why didn't the flight attendant have me removed?

floridaguy_0-1714852301796.png