Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Question

lhuber72
Explorer C

Good morning,

My husband added me as his companion today.  He used my middle name.  My profile for my Rapid Rewards does not include my middle name, although I use it to make reservations because it is on my ID.  The system assigned me a new Rapid Rewards #.  What would be the next step to correct that?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion Pass Question

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@lhuber72 wrote:

Good morning,

My husband added me as his companion today.  He used my middle name.  My profile for my Rapid Rewards does not include my middle name, although I use it to make reservations because it is on my ID.  The system assigned me a new Rapid Rewards #.  What would be the next step to correct that?  Thanks.

Hello!

Congrats on the Companion Pass! A SW Rep will need to assist you with this. Your husband should call the main SW Customer service number and notify them of the error. If your husband has any active reservations with you as the companion, those should be voided before SW can make the change (the rep may be able to assist with this first if needed before correcting the name). 

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/More-phone-numbers-contact-options

The request can also be done via a DM to Twitter/X or Facebook. Because this appears to be a mechanical change but for the same person, I don't think this change will count against your 3 permitted companion changes but check with the rep when you call or send your DM.

More Info:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Change-Your-Companion/ta-p/99449/1000

epcot
Adventurer B

I had a similar issue and was told this will count as one of the 3 changes, but after explaining in an email to CS they granted me an exception

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@epcot wrote:

I had a similar issue and was told this will count as one of the 3 changes, but after explaining in an email to CS they granted me an exception

Also if there is no intention to change the companion designation the rest of the year just use one of the changes and be done with it, if you get the extra change back then great but don't worry about it if there were no plans to change it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

heffe
Explorer C

Yes. You can book your flights now and then once the pass becomes active, add your friend as a companion. You'll have to add him using your Southwest account. He can't do it