Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Early Bird Refund

Scott_B_25
Explorer C

Also less than happy about the loss of EB funds. With all the bailout money the airlines are receiving you'd think they would better accommodate. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Scott_B_25 wrote:

Also less than happy about the loss of EB funds. With all the bailout money the airlines are receiving you'd think they would better accommodate. 

If Southwest cancels your flight, EB is refunded.

If You cancel your flight, you can get a voucher good for over another 26 months, but you have to ask for it. Since it's a voucher you can use it to allow anyone to travel

So no one "loses"  EB funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@Scott_B_25 wrote:

If Southwest cancels your flight, EB is refunded.

If You cancel your flight, you can get a voucher good for over another 26 months, but you have to ask for it. Since it's a voucher you can use it to allow anyone to travel

So no one "loses"  EB funds

FYI: Some people report being given only a small amount of Rapid Rewards points -- not a voucher for the full EBCI amount -- after they've called to inquire.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

FYI: Some people report being given only a small amount of Rapid Rewards points -- not a voucher for the full EBCI amount -- after they've called to inquire.

True, but that was before the airline put the policy change in writing a few weeks ago

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

True, but that was before the airline put the policy change in writing a few weeks ago

I believe some people are still being offered RR points.

(Also, to clarify: It's not really "in writing," this is essentially an unpublished policy. The only way any customers know to even reach out and ask for something is if they saw the USA Today article or through word-of-mouth on social media and forums like this one. Nothing regarding EarlyBird Check-In voucher refunds has been published in any of the public COVID-19 updates here or on the Southwest website.)

mp80237
Explorer C

I lost my early bird funds. My cruise was canceled August 5th. After I got the email from the cruise line that the trip was canceled,  I canceled the flights. Lost my money. I had purchased early bird for myself and my mother. $80 gone. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@mp80237 wrote:

I lost my early bird funds. My cruise was canceled August 5th. After I got the email from the cruise line that the trip was canceled,  I canceled the flights. Lost my money. I had purchased early bird for myself and my mother. $80 gone. 

Hi @mp80237. We're sorry for any frustration. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we aren't equipped to assist you here, but we recommend you Contact Customer Relations to look into your situation and see if there's anything they might be able to do to assist. 

Nicole
Community Manager