Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel Bonuses

jmcm89
Explorer C

I am looking at hotels where I will need 3 rooms, and was hoping to book them with properties that give extra bonus rapid reward points. However, none show up as giving bonus points when I search. Is that something they don't do? It's not like I'm expecting bonus points on all 3 rooms, just the same as if I had made one booking. Has anyone run into this? And if I decide to book the rooms separate so I do get the bonus points, will Booking.com let you have more than one reservation for the same dates? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hotel Bonuses

bballflyer
Adventurer C

For some reason, recently, the extra points are not showing up when I search hotels on the web when logged into my account;  However, when I search for them in the southwest app, the prices are cheaper and they also have bonus points.  This seems to be some recent change, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this.

flukehawkins
Explorer C

I've also noticed that going through Southwest Hotels doesn't show points anymore. You mention searching in the SW app, but when I try to look at hotels on my phone, it just redirects me out to SW Hotels. Where exactly are you seeing the RR bonus points?

fltraveler30
Explorer C

I have experienced the same issue.  If I search and book 1 room, I get bonus points.  If I try to book 2 rooms at the same hotel on the same date, there are no bonus points at all.   I usually book 1 room in my name and 1 room in my wife's name so we each end up with bonus points in our RR account.  I once tried to make two separate reservations in my name for the same date and they ended up cancelling one as they thought it was a duplicate booking.

Cancelled_Vacay
Explorer B

I have noticed the partner bonus points options go away when booking multiple rooms. I like your workaround alternative.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I have gotten double bonus points by booking 2 rooms.   I just did it a day later and used an abbreviated part of my name.  Not to give my name, say a Phillip for the first room and then Phil for the other.   But that was years ago.   But the using the wife is a good alternative.