Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Chase Card Annual Benefit Reset Date

Saps
Explorer C
I've read through a bunch of posts on multiple online forums, but with some conflicting information.  I've also contacted Chase and received conflicting responses from different people.

Question: What is the reset date for the annual benefits on the Chase Southwest Priority Credit Card?  The annual benefits I am referencing are the $75.00 annual travel credit and the four upgraded boarding per year.

This is what the terms Southwest/Chase state: "Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year."

I will give my exact example:

Southwest Priority Card
Account Open Date: 12/5/2018
First Statement Date: 1/4/2019

With this info, I am interpreting it as my annual benefits will reset every year on 1/5.

I believe technically my year 1 was from 12/5/2018-1/4/2020, and that every year from here on out would be 1/5/XX-1/4/XX.

There is no easy way to track this through Chase.  I am curious if anyone else has had this question and has some input.  Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Southwest Chase Card Annual Benefit Reset Date

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since you are already past 12/5/19  and 1/4/20 what difference does it really make you you?

One way or the other you have already reset.

Saps
Explorer C

Because I flew on 12/30 and used 2 upgrades. So I am trying to figure out if those were in last year, or if they are in my current cardmember year.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Saps wrote:

Because I flew on 12/30 and used 2 upgrades. So I am trying to figure out if those were in last year, or if they are in my current cardmember year.

Based on that information, my best guess is that they should have been included in last year's benefits.

Is Chase unable to verify this?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Saps wrote:

Well, it's a Chase program, and Chase controls it.

Thus if you want a definitive answer, it'll have to come from Chase.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Anytime I have a question like this, I direct it to Chase because their system determines the answer. And, like you, I don't want surprises. Give Chase a shout for definitive answer for this one. 

You can do that here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Saps
Explorer C

Appreciate the responses.  I have contacted Chase a few times.  One rep stated that 12/5 was my reset date and another rep stated 1/5 was my reset date.  I'll try again and see what the next rep says.  Just wanted to check if anyone here with the Southwest card knew this information from a past experience.

SWDigits
Aviator A
Since you have some time you may want to send an old fashioned letter.

Customer | Home airport DCA

iiflyswa
Explorer C

The $75.00 annual travel credit is per calendar year based on my recent experience.  My annual membership renewed on Oct 1, 2022, and I received a $75 travel credit on Oct 20 for a flight booked on Oct 12.  And today (Feb 16, 2023) I received a second $75 travel credit for a flight booked on Feb 9.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@iiflyswa interesting since that contradicts everything said in the terms and conditions of the Priority card. Are you looking at your credit report for your anniversary date or using the annual fee bill date or something else?

--TheMiddleSeat

FYI for anyone interested, here is the terms and conditions from Chase:

$75 SOUTHWEST ANNUAL TRAVEL CREDIT

A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Priority Card is used for Southwest Airlines® purchases (excluding Upgraded Boardings and inflight purchases), up to an anniversary year maximum accumulation of $75. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year. Eligibility for a $75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit for accounts that switch to this product: Account open date is the date the switch is official in the Chase system. Statement credit(s) will post to your account the same day your Southwest Airlines purchase posts to your account and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. The $75 Southwest Annual Travel Credit will be issued for the year in which the transaction posts to your account. For example, if you buy a Southwest Airlines ticket, but the airline does not post the transaction until after your current anniversary period ends, the cost of the ticket will be allocated towards the following year’s Southwest Annual Travel Credit maximum of $75.