Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rebooked flight receipt

LarryW
Explorer C

Our recent flight out of Fort Lauderdale was cancelled.  We rebooked, what a nightmare.  I’m looking for a receipt/itinerary showing that the original flight was cancelled, and rebooked on what flights.  All rebooking was against same confirmation number, so that confirmation number still shows original booking.  Need something for insurance since we had to go to Miami, get a hotel to even get home.   How do I get an updated itinerary?   Help, and thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rebooked flight receipt

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't think you're going to get anything from Southwest that shows an itinerary with a notice of cancelation. You can use various websites/apps to show historical flight data that would show your flight number as canceled. Even googling the flight number will show you a basic thing like it being canceled. Perhaps something like that would work?

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

You should have received a text and or e-mail about your flight being cancelled. Make a copy of that notice.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@LarryW According to thepointsguy.com: 

Southwest For proof of delay or cancellation, submit an online request through their contact page or call customer relations at 1-855-234-4654.

bec102896
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

@LarryW According to thepointsguy.com: 

Southwest For proof of delay or cancellation, submit an online request through their contact page or call customer relations at 1-855-234-4654.

Unfortunately customer relations by phone is no more. 

They could try email or the 800-435-9792 regular customer service number.