Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW flying into TYS

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@calichick925-  Apparently comments to your thread have been turned off and I was not able to add my 2 cents. Very interesting! I fly out west from Knoxville twice a month. Trust me….SW IS LOSING out. I am now top tier status with AA and DL because SW will not look into TYS as an option. Don’t get me wrong, AA and DL treat me great, but I do miss SW.  I personally think it’s a gate cost issue. I do LUV SW, but I am not willing to drive  to Nashville to fly them unless it’s absolutely needed. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SW flying into TYS

floridaguy
Aviator C

I made a few calls and Knoxville does not appear to be in the foreseeable future. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@floridaguy thanks for your input. I have also had conversations with SW ( in person ) and understand that. My opinion is that they are missing out and that’s fine. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Passenger1C wrote:

@floridaguy thanks for your input. I have also had conversations with SW ( in person ) and understand that. My opinion is that they are missing out and that’s fine. 

Limited by plane availability and short of crew, SW can't fly everywhere it wants to fly.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier  But it does now fly to Bozeman, MT.  Go figure  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@dfwskier  But it does now fly to Bozeman, MT.  Go figure  

SW opened up 6 or 7 (maybe more) new airports in '21 I think - nothing since then.

Things may change when the MAX7s start showing up. They haven't even been certified yet -- maybe 4 years late at this point...