Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Denied

Cassandragreeni
Explorer C

Hello! I just applied to Southwest's Spring 2024 Sales Analytics and Operations Internships yesterday, September 2nd. I believe I had met all the requirements, but I was denied immediately after submission! 

I was worried that it was potentially about how I answered the graduation date question since I still haven't decided if I am going to graduate in summer or spring (though the application said at least one semester after completing the internship til graduation is preferred). After submitting the first application with Spring and getting denied, I did the second one with Summer and was denied as well, so I do not believe it is that!

Has anyone experienced any similar issues? Or know who to contact in regard to why the application was denied!  

Thank you so much for the help!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Application Denied

dfwskier
Aviator A

Please search the communityy for "instant reject" and you'll   find lots of people like you and some suggestions about why it might have happened.

It pobbly has nothing to di with wehther or not you are qualified.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Cassandragreeni!

Happy Tuesday! So sorry for the confusion there - there was an error with the application process that automatically removed your application (and a handful of Candidates' applications) from consideration. We've since corrected this, and your application was reactivated! 

You should be able to see that it's active again when logging in to your Candidate Home!

Cassandragreeni
Explorer C

Thank you so much for reaching back out @adrienneb!

I still am unable to see any active applications on the candidate home page! Do you have any suggestions on who to reach out to?

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

@Cassandragreeni, you should be able to click the "create account" option here: https://swa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/external/login and then use your same email address you used when applying to the Sales Analytics and Sales Operations Analyst Internships! 

Cassandragreeni
Explorer C

I clicked to create an account, and this is what my application page looks like (screenshot below).

I do get updates to this email with things like the job description changing for the Sales Analytics role I applied for, but I can't see it!

Screen Shot 2024-09-04 at 1.33.50 PM.png