Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Mask Requirement is BOGUS

New Arrival

So..I won't be wearing ANY MASK on an airplane unless it's an oxygen mask. Requiring a mask for a 3 or 4 hour flight is ridiculous. Seating away from others should be enough. 

I'll be driving instead of flying. I'm **bleep** sure not wearing a mask on a cross country flight.  

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Mask Requirement is BOGUS

Top Contributor

Bye! Have fun driving!

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

I will! Have fun being controlled and being a compliant little robot. 

Highlighted

Top Contributor

aka being healthy and thoughtful of other people.

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

New Arrival

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

Highlighted

Top Contributor

@lborges48 wrote:

AKA *do as you are told*. Collective guilt doesn't work on me. Try again

Much like stop signs and speed limits are enforced not to control people or arbitrarily tell them what to do, but rather to promote an environment that is safe for everyone, mask policies promote a safe environment for everyone on board a flight. Do we view stop signs as simply "do as you are told"? Masks are not about anyone being controlled or blindly doing what they are told, but instead people expressing care and concern for others. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Highlighted

Top Contributor

Mask Requirement is EXCELLENT.

Unconvinced? Check out my (very long) post in this thread.

Highlighted

I am not a fan of wearing masks either, believe me, and I can only hope that the policies will be relaxed as the COVID-19 cases decrease and people ease out of panic/"we are all going to die!" mode (which is starting to happen slowly but surely).

Thanks,

Jessica

Highlighted

New Arrival

I could not agree more.  Even the medical people says the mask will not protect you.  That’s because its not medical grade.   Given the choice, I would drive too.  Hopefully this will end soon, as it is not required by law.  When passenger load is down, the airline will mistakenly says people are afraid to fly.  Actually it is the useless restrictions.  I also miss the beverage service.  They could at least do that.  I no longer do leisure travel, since both the hotel and air experience are anything but enjoyable.

Highlighted

No one on SWA is enforcing the mask requirement.

So if you feel like the requirement is "bogus" feel free not to wear one on the flight.  

It's ok.  Nothing to get riled up about.

I just flew twice in the past 3 days (post mask "requirement") and was completely mask-free during boarding and during the flight.

So just relax.