Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed

Veiris
Explorer C

We were traveling for my sisters engagement dinner. We booked our puppy in care for the weekend, paid for Oakland airport parking for the weekend, arrived on time, checked 1 bag and 1 set of golf clubs, all to sit on the plane at the gate for 3 hours with little to no explanation.

We missed our family obligation and deboarded the plane, from there to be told they could not give us information on where our bags would go to be returned back to Oakland,CA. 

After multiple phone calls and worrying about our belongings, we found our bags and have to return to pick them up today.

All of this with not a single apology. Countless hours wasted, multiple trips to the airport, money lost, family memories gone. 

Now as we look to rebook a flight in the next couple of weeks to make up to our family in Ontario, CA for missing the big engagement weekend...there are no flights of the same cost. The flights are Double for every upcoming weekend. Southwest, major let down. After all of this, now I have to pay more? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Delayed

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles.  I t is frustrating to sit around for hours and hear asolutely nothing about what is happening. If I were you I would complain about it. You'll likely get a voucher good for future travel.  To do so, click on "contact us" below and follow the prompts.

As far as your cost of airfare for trips in the near future, it is just a fact of life (expecially in the summer and arround holidays) that the closer you get to the date of travel, the more epensive the flight becomes. That is sometihng  you will see on every ariline.

You could see if one of the budget carriers (Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant) has something cheaper. But buyer beware, each of them will try to impose extra fees, that in many cases will make the flight more expensive tthan the regular airlines.

Re: Delayed

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

If you have an event that you have to be there for, whether it's a family obligation or an athletic event or a cruise or some other event it's probably best to fly on the day before the event to give yourself a cushion if something does go wrong.