Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking and Rebooking

acwalker550
Explorer C

My family has a couple trips clinking up this year that are already booked. After booking, some flights prices went down and I rebooked and received a flight credits to our accounts (my two children - 1 each, my wife and I - 3 each). Next year we are planning on taking a family trip and I want to try to use all these credits. Is there a way to be able to book all of these flights together at once and use all of the credits (8 credits in total) or, would I need to book them each individually to use them all?

If I have to book them all individually, could I book the flights for all of us, cancel them to get the flight credits, and then rebook them to get all of the flights together on one reservation so I don’t have to check in everyone separately? 

I hope this makes since and if there is a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Booking and Rebooking

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You can have up to 2 vouchers/credits per person plus the credit card. If you have a 3rd credit it must cover the rest of the cost of the reservation in order to use 3 credits on the reservation. I’m not 100% certain if it will let you use the 3rd credit on a multiple passenger reservation though 

Are you booking a round trip flight? If so my easiest solution is book as 2 one ways instead this way you get 2 credits per person each way 

acwalker550
Explorer C

It would be a round trip, but I would break it up into two one-way trips since I knew I couldn’t use the three credits I had for myself on one flight. 

Worst case scenario, I would have to book each person separately for each way.  Then I wondered if I did that, could I cancel the flights to get credits and rebook to get the reservations together. 

I have never booked with credits before, so I am not sure how it works. I know when I tried to call Southwest about a LUV voucher, they gave me the wrong information compared to when I actually booked. 

bec102896
Aviator A

You can book all of you on one reservation using a credit from each of you. You don’t need to book each person separately 

acwalker550
Explorer C

So, that means I can only use one credit per person (4 of us) on the reservation?  This puts four credits on one reservation. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

On the Southwest system, you can only use three methods of payment.  Either three flight credits (if that will cover the fare) or no more than two with a credit card for a total of three.

I just did this for my New Orleans trip.  I have several flight credits and such so I chose the largest two and paid the difference with my credit card.

dfwskier
Aviator A

The SW rule is no more than 3 forms of payment per ticket FOR A SINGLE PASSENGER. I'm not sure what happens when there are 4 passengers on a reservation and each of the 4 have their own travel funds.