Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Interview no response

Mmhmm212
Explorer C

Had an in person interview for a corporate job a few weeks ago. Recruiter said they’d call at the end of two weeks but when I didn’t hear back  I reached out via email and I didn’t get a response. It’s going on 3 weeks now and I know people are busy but I haven’t gotten any response. I’m not super hopeful but I know the hiring process is taken very seriously. But if I haven’t gotten the job I hope they let me know. It’s hard to just be waiting by my phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Interview no response

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Mmhmm212 wrote:

Had an in person interview for a corporate job a few weeks ago. Recruiter said they’d call at the end of two weeks but when I didn’t hear back  I reached out via email and I didn’t get a response. It’s going on 3 weeks now and I know people are busy but I haven’t gotten any response. I’m not super hopeful but I know the hiring process is taken very seriously. But if I haven’t gotten the job I hope they let me know. It’s hard to just be waiting by my phone. 

Hola!

I'm not sure if your application has been impacted or not but based on some of the other threads on this board and what's been circulating in the news media regarding SW's finances, I'm aware that Southwest has pulled a number of job positions for now. Again, not sure if yours got impacted or not. It looks like you've already followed up with your recruiter. I would see how the recruiter responds but if you don't hear back either way, I would assume that your application is a hold status until SW finances improve and not devote too much time to it until you get a response.

Hope this helps.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Common courtesy would indicate the airline should let you know whst is going on.

SW has lots going on right now, and maybe that has slowed things down a bit.

Given it a bit more time. Hopefully SW will comunicate with you. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Mmhmm212  remember to check your dashboard and spam folder. 

possibly @adrienneb might have more insight? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Good morning, @Mmhmm212!

Thank you so much for reaching out and for your interest in Southwest as a prospective employer! I took a closer look at your application for the role in on our Internal Audit Team, and I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. It does appear that our Recruiting Team is still working to finalize who will be moving forward, and I'm hopeful they'll have that determined this week. Once there's more information to share, our Team will reach out to you ASAP. 

Thank you so much for your continued patience. 

Thanks, @Passenger1C, for the tag! Always appreciate you! 

- Adrienne, Community Moderator